Four spacious Indian (tipi) tents make up our wonderful Camp Gwaai, nestled in a pecan tree
forest. The camp is ideal for individuals, couples, families & small or large groups.
The camp facilities are communal creating the environment for individuals to interact and
socialise. The tents are situated some distance away from the entertainment area and are well spaced
for maximum privacy.
Each tent is equipped with:
• four three quarter beds
• pillow, linen, duvet plus an extra blanket
• an extra blanket
• shower towels
• for the chilly winter nights please bring your own hot water bottles, a good torch or headlight for use at night and a solar lantern for use inside the tent is useful
• Wood for the ceramic wood-burning fireplace or for braaiing may be purchased
• Each tent has its own private bathroom situated in a separate building
situated some short
distance away from the tent area with a hot shower and flush toilet.
There is a large 60sq communal lapa with a semi equipped open plan kitchen area.
The camp is equipped with:
• Crockery and cutlery
• Each tent with its own designated 2 shelf grocery cupboard
• 50 Liter fridge shelf space per tent - that is equitant to 6x6 = packs of
tinned drinks so plan
your perishable items wisely. Unnecessary
packaging takes up a lot of space.
• 3 draw freezer compartment to share between 4 tents
• 2-burner gas cooker with a large kettle and hot water flask
• Selection of pots, pans & cooking utensils (cutting boards, knife set,
salad bowls etc.)
• Four picnic tables
• Share open air braai area with 2 braai grids
• Large hanging "Fire Ball" with stumps to sit on to enjoy social evenings
under the stars
• Firewood may be purchased
This is the ultimate in luxury, affordable camping. All you need to bring are swimming towels
What do you have to bring?
• Your own dish cloths & drying towels - if you forget you can purchase
a set from
• Potjie & extra grids if needed
• Swimming towels
• Extra torches - children especially love walking at night with their own
• Food and personal items needed.
• We pride ourselves in operating the entire retreat with "green"
electricity making us "off the grid" since 2000. All electrical appliances are low energy. There are no electrical
outlets in the kitchen or tent area. You are welcome to bring small electronic items to reception for charging purposes.
• All the tents are non-smoking.
• Unfortunately, no pets allowed.
Wir Sprechen Deutsch, English und Afrikaans